Solicitor - Dust Diseases/Abuse Law
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we’re a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated, professional people, who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are fortunate to work with people across a range of personal injury litigation matters. With over 40 branches across Australia, we continue to progress and grow our practices aiming for the best results for their clients. A hands-on approach at all levels means that Shine is a law firm willing to tackle multi-nationals or explore home grown issues in the fight for justice.
This role works across two practice areas: our Dust Diseases Litigation team is led by National Special Counsel Roger Singh, brings over 25 years’ experience in dust disease litigation, and has successfully represented victims and families of those suffering with dust diseases throughout Australia, including positive outcomes in the HCA; and our Abuse Law team, who make a real difference in their clients lives, and who strongly believe in handling our clients’ claims with empathy, and a willingness to think creatively.
Due to growth, we are now seeking a motivated and energetic Solicitor with experience in personal injuries, to join our growing team in our Melbourne CBD branch. You’ll partner with senior solicitors as you strengthen your network across Victoria, promote Shine’s expertise to the market, and assist in developing our Dust Diseases and Abuse Law practices in Victoria.
- Personal Injuries solicitor 3 – 5 years + PAE
- Expertise in Victorian Workers Compensation legislation, particularly statutory benefits
- Public liability experience
- Ability to manage large volumes of documents
- Enjoy working on legally challenging and factually complex matters
- Maturity and confidence to deal with clients, senior and junior counsel and expert witnesses
- A desire to be part of a strong, cohesive team that works together to get great results
- Ability to communicate effectively with experts, particularly medical professionals, in multiple fields
- Strong attention to detail and superb written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate individual who wants to take this business to the next level
- Exposure to Abuse Law or Dust Disease Litigation is highly desirable, but not essential for success
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application