Paralegal / Senior Paralegal - Dust, Travel & Abuse Law
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated professionals, who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
This role works across three practice areas: our Dust Diseases Litigation team, who have successfully represented victims and families of those suffering with dust diseases throughout Australia, including positive outcomes in the HCA; our Abuse Law team, who make a real difference in their clients lives, and who strongly believe in handling our clients’ claims with empathy, and a willingness to think creatively; and our Travel Law team, who represent clients injured in aviation, boating, cruise ship or other travel related injury claims.
A rare opportunity for a Paralegal or Senior Paralegal to join our highly engaged team in Melbourne CBD has arisen, on a permanent full time basis. This newly created role has been created to provide support across three challenging and interesting practice areas that are experiencing continued success and growth, here at Shine Lawyers.
This unique role has a strong client focus, with a significant amount of regular client contact. It is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Paralegal who is wanting to stretch themselves, and take even more ownership of client matters.
- Assist Solicitors with the day-to-day operations of files/client management and handling claims
- Be the first point of contact for clients
- Prepare matters for conference and hearing including preparation of court documents, legal documents and general correspondence
- Correspond, brief and liaise with Counsel, medical practitioners and other experts
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships both internally and external to the organisation
- Assist clients with their enquiries
- Manage complex databases of information
- Experience in a paralegal role within the Personal Injury space
- Strong written skills in drafting legal documentation and other correspondence
- Client service oriented, with excellent communication skills
- Well refined organisational skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Good understanding of pre-court and court processes
- Strong MS Office skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and show great commitment
- Comfortable to work under pressure when needed
- Demonstrated experience in Travel, Dust or Abuse Law will make your application competitive, but is not essential for success
What We Offer
A national ASX-listed company with great aspirations, growth and emerging practice areas. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application