Administration Assistant - Medical Law
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we’re a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated, professional staff who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Administration Assistant to join us in our Brisbane CBD Head Office, supporting our dedicated Medical Law team, on a permanent part time basis, three days per week (or equivalent).
This role proactively provides chargeable and non-chargeable support and assistant to our legal team with general administrative duties, in order to obtain maximum compensation for clients from file opening to closure.
Please note that we are open to candidates who are seeking to work three days per week, as well as those who prefer to spread their hours over four days, with shorter hours.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Reception duties, including greeting clients and organising meeting rooms
- Typing, amending and production of documents
- Diary and travel management
- Handling telephone enquiries and occasionally liaising with clients
- General file management
- Processing of account requests, banking and archiving
- Indexing of medical records
- Collation of electronic and hard copy briefs to counsel
- General office administration as required (including telephone calls, mail requirements, photocopying, filing, stationery requirements, office purchases etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in an administration focused role, preferably in a professional services environment, is essential
- Fast and accurate typing skills, with Intermediate Word and Excel skills
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills, with a customer service focus
- Excellent attention to detail, including good mathematical ability
- Polished, professional presentation, with a polite and courteous phone manner
- Strong work ethic and keen interest to learn
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Experience in a legal firm, or study in the legal field, is highly favourable, but not essential for success
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application.