- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Salary Packaging, Meals and Entertainment Packaging
- $23.2794 per hour + 25% casual loading
- Immediate start available!
- Based in Williamstown (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged and have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. Williamstown Hostel located close to Melbourne’s CBD offers affordable, high quality accommodation to 60 men and women aged 50 years and over. We provide a safe, flexible and caring family-style environment, which allows residents to maintain their chosen lifestyles, habits and activities and to be as independent as they choose to be.
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Cleaner to join our residential team at Williamstown Hostel on a casual basis.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- To clean resident rooms, office space and staff rooms
- To clean and maintain storage areas.
- To maintain stock levels and cleaners room.
- Cleaning and sanitising duties as per schedule.
- Assisting the Food Services & Laundry teams from time-to-time
Applicants must have previous experience in a cleaning role. Qualifications in HACC or Occupational Health and Safety such as Infection control, Food Handling Certificate, use of chemicals and/or manual handling are favourable.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services: Staff wellbeing portal, exclusive discounts and our Employee Assistance Program.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Knowledge and understanding of the special needs of older people
- Have received, are planning to or willing to receive an Influenza Vaccination
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to use cleaning equipment effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Physically able to perform required tasks
How to apply
For more information about the role you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the ‘PD’ link here. Applications can be directed to Mark Lorenzi (HR Officer) and submitted by filling out the required information below. Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Wednesday 1st April 2020.
Recruitment agencies, thank you for thinking of us but we are currently handling all recruitment internally.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Records check & Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check. Refusal to consent to Wintringham providing your information to the DWES unit will prevent us from being able to continue with your application.
“Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.”